Recent Posts

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Veggie Meals


Mmm... Know what I love? A tasty, vegetarian meal with lots of veggies!

Last night a girlfriend and I met up and she brought over a vegetarian lasagna and I made sweet potatoes, curried cauliflower, and sauteed spinach. The potatoes and spinach came from our local farm market and were both of excellent quality. 


Here's how to make each if you're interested:

Spinach:
  1. Need: Spinach, oil, garlic
  2. Put small dose of oil into sauté pan
  3. Throw in spinach leaves
  4. Put in some garlic (I used roughly 2 cloves)
  5. Let cook for as long as desired (roughly 3-4 minutes)
Sweet Potatoes:
  1. Need: sweet potatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, oil
  2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut (you can do this cubed or in small slices like I did). Roughly one potato for each person.
  3. Cover bottom of baking sheet with layer of oil, throw on potato pieces, take two pinches each of salt, pepper, and oregano and sprinkle over top sweet potatoes. 
  4. Bake at 350F. If chips like mine ~30mins, if cubes (softer, less crunchy) ~1 hour.
  5. Serve warm.
Cauliflower Indian Style
  1. Need: 1 cauliflower, onion, 2 small potatoes, curry powder, sugar, turmeric, cumin, garlic (2 cloves), oil
  2. The recipe I used (from VT) was a little unclear but I cooked my potatoes first because I was afraid sautéing them wouldn't be sufficient for softening them up. So slice and peel potatoes and throw into boiling water to soften up.
  3. Cut onion and cauliflower to have them both ready.
  4. Pour a dose of oil into a sauté pan. Throw in onions for 2-3 mins. 
  5. Add 1stp tumeric, 1 tsp cumin, and 1 1/2 (I might even prefer 2) tsp curry powder. Also add garlic. Cook for 2 mins. 
  6. (Drain potatoes) Add potatoes and cauliflower. Put in 1/2 cup of water and one tablespoon of sugar. Cook until water is gone. 
  7. Serve warm. 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! xoxo.